Hello Crafters! It’s Limor Webber here with a fun tutorial using Lindy’s Stamp Gang and Vaseline! Yes you heard correctly! …. Hurry! Run to your bathroom, grab some vaseline and join me for this card tutorial!
1. The first thing I did to create this card is I grabbed some watercolor paper, and cut it to size. I love watercolor paper better than cardstock as it holds a great amount of water without warping.
2. I Stamped my card using Faber Castell Stamper’s Big Brush pen since it’s permanent ink with the script stamp. Once that was dry I stamped the honeycomb stamp and quickly added the Angel Wings Ruby Embossing powder for a resist and shinny look.
You can really see the beautiful two toned ruby color the embossing powder gives.
I took some vaseline, rubbed it on my card and then sprayed the card with Tres Chic’s Cafe Au Lait. I waited for it to soak in then with a cloth I rubbed off the vaseline leaving me with a resist effect.
I repeated the process with a second color Sandra Dee Sepia Flat Fabio
And again repeated the step now using Acrylic paint and the result is simply Wow!!! It’s like paint peeling off the wall!
I went ahead and mixed Fuzzy Navel Peach Starburst and Magical Mai Tai Flat Fabio with Alcohol and dripped it on to my paper with a dropper. I then added some red acrylic paint highlights and the background is complete! The next step was simply add my embellishments and voila!
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Products Used:
- Sandra Dee Sepia Flat Fabio
- Magical Mai Tai Flat Fabio
- Fuzzy Navel Peach Starburst
- Cafe Au Lait Flat Fabio
- Angel Wings Ruby Embossing Powder
Thank you so much for joining me today!
Have a great day!
5 thoughts on “Colorful Card Tutorial with Limor Webber”
Fabulous card, pure art xx
Very pretty card! Love the vaseline technique – TFS!!
WOW! How cool is this! Thanks for sharing this technique with us!
wow. its great!
WOW! Another beautiful project by Limor. Thanks for sharing,