Hello LSG gang! We’ve decided it’s time to give you some short and sweet techniques that can enhance any project you’re working on! Today we would like to show you how to create one of our a favorite techniques:
Lindy’s Embossed Crackle
Here are the simple steps you should follow to get it right every time!
1.Choose a chipboard piece, or any kind of paper you like.
2. Put a thin coat of gesso. (You need a white surface so that it will show the actual color of the embossing powder after melting it).
That’s it! Your chipboard piece is ready to use on your projects. The fact you removed some of the embossing powder with your fingers, influences the finished look of the melted embossing powder.
- Take some alpha stickers and an embossing powder of your choice.
- Spread the embossing powder (our dt member Athanasia used Midnight Pewter) and heat it. The embossing powder completely changes the piece and it’s ready to use! (picture #2)
Crackle Finish on stickers:
- Use the back side of the stickers. After spreading some gesso, spread ONLY SOME GRAINS of embossing powder. Do not cover the entire surface! It is very important to leave some spots white! Melt the powder and it’s ready to use!
- Our designer Athanasia glued the letters on the first chipboard piece altered in this tutorial, and added a couple of brads.
The word “beautiful” in the picture below was altered with two shades of embossing powders: Midnight Pewter and Orbit Olive Gold.