Hello LSG gang! We’ve decided it’s time to give you some short and sweet techniques that can enhance any project you’re working on! Today we would like to show you how to create one of our a favorite techniques:
Lindy’s Embossed Crackle
Here are the simple steps you should follow to get it right every time!
1.Choose a chipboard piece, or any kind of paper you like.
2. Put a thin coat of gesso. (You need a white surface so that it will show the actual color of the embossing powder after melting it).
3. Spread the embossing powder on your chipboard piece (our designer Athanasia used Bonjour Butter). Remove some of it with your finger and heat it with the heat gun.
That’s it! Your chipboard piece is ready to use on your projects. The fact you removed some of the embossing powder with your fingers, influences the finished look of the melted embossing powder.
- Take some alpha stickers and an embossing powder of your choice.
- Spread the embossing powder (our dt member Athanasia used Midnight Pewter) and heat it. The embossing powder completely changes the piece and it’s ready to use! (picture #2)
Crackle Finish on stickers:
- Use the back side of the stickers. After spreading some gesso, spread ONLY SOME GRAINS of embossing powder. Do not cover the entire surface! It is very important to leave some spots white! Melt the powder and it’s ready to use!
- Our designer Athanasia glued the letters on the first chipboard piece altered in this tutorial, and added a couple of brads.
The word “beautiful” in the picture below was altered with two shades of embossing powders: Midnight Pewter and Orbit Olive Gold.
8 thoughts on “Lindy’s Embossed Crackle Technique”
Thank you very much! I very happy you like bears 🙂
Thank you Pooja!
Thank you Cindy! I can’t wait to see your bear project 🙂
Hehehhe – LOVE LOVE this bear creation Athanasia. All my family for generations have gone to a college with a bear mascot! That makes your project even more fun for me!!! And thanks bunches for the great tutorial/hints for textures. j.
Its AWESOME…Stunning !
Oh my gosh, I just love the bear mixed media! I took some pictures at a drive thru animal Safari of some bears in just that pose and now I know just what to do with it. Thank you for sharing this beautiful project.
Thank you Kathy! I always appreciate your comments! 🙂
I saw this post on your blog – your project is beautiful and your tips about embossing are awesome and I will be giving them a try. Thanks for sharing.