I recently acquired a whole heap of Lindy’s Color Shots, Moon Shadow Ink Shots & Flat Shots and thought I’d share with you a few of my tips for mixing and the results that I got from a few mediums.
So … What are the Color Shots – other than little pots of fun?
Color Shots are the same vibrant colors as sprays that come in a wide mouth 2oz jar for easy painting application. They can be mixed with any medium, not just water, (ie., modge podge, rubbing alcohol instead of water, acrylic glaze, etc). Experiment!
Well … I did experiment ..and it was great fun……..I am a lover of Gesso, Gel Mediums, and Molding pastes, so naturally I wanted to mix my Color Shots with these mediums.
Each medium that I added had different results, and it was trial and error as to how they would work out.
Here is what I found …
- Adding a few drops of hot water first will dissolve the powder beautifully but change the consistency of the mediums
- I added the medium, gave it a really good stir, allowed it to sit for an hour, and then gave it another stir before using.
- This is how it looks after sitting for an hour … all the color particles have “softened” ready to mix in. (well that’s my interpretation anyway lol).
- Golden Light Molding Paste still remains light and airy once added, and will dry with an opaque finish
- Atelier Traditional Molding Paste hold the color beautifully, but the shimmer of the color is not as strong
- Impasto Gel Medium by Chromacryl gave my favorite result as the color was strong & vibrant and held the shimmer.
- Art Basics Heavy Gesso is white, so therefore the color was toned down – not my fave.
I was really surprised by the Moon Shadow Ink Shot in Violaceous Violet … when I first added the Impasto Gel Medium, it went brown – as it is supposed to …. but once I applied it to the mask and allowed it to air dry, the violet shimmer stood out beautifully!
So here are some of the sample swatches that I made up for reference.
As I was creating these tags, I wiped my excess off into my art journal ready for a new page … loving how this turned out … will add some more to it soon
So what do you think? Are you tempted to have a play now? Head over to the store and have a look at the fabulous range.
Have a great day