Today I’m playing with a clean and simple scrapbooking layout using Limor Webber’s new Neon Graffiti set of Flat Fabios from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. Now these neon’s are bright, and I mean REALLY bright – the colors are luscious, intense and bold. My first impulse when I received the new colors was to use them the same way I normally do (ie spray it everywhere!) – I quickly found out that when dealing with NEON colors, that less is more! Today I thought I’d share a simple 12 x 12 layout that allows these vibrant neon beauties to really shine.
To create my clean and simple background I’ve used 12 x 12 kraft coloured card and sprayed a small area on the lower right side with Sidewalk Chalk – I needed to apply 2 coats for the white to really pop.
While the white spray is still wet, add drips of Blazin’ Black and Poppin Pink into the white and flick a little over the page. I enjoyed letting the colours bleed and blend a little – this gave really pretty results.
Check that your puddle of colour is large enough to peek out from behind your photo. If you can’t see enough of the colour – add a little more before glueing your photo down.
Once the initial layer of colours is dry, flick on a tiny bit of the Luminous Lemon and a sprinkle of smaller drops of the Blazin’ Black, Sidewalk Chalk and Poppin’ Pink.
Once completely dry I have mixed some of the Poppin Pink Magicals into Golden Light Molding Paste and applied through a stencil to create pattern and texture.
Use some of the matching Lindy’s Embossing Powder to colour coordinate your embellishments and your CAS (Clean and Simple) scrapbook layout is complete.
My finished page looks like this.
Lindy’s Stamp Gang
- Flat Fabio Sprays – Neon Graffiti Set (Poppin’ Pink, Luminous Lemon, Sidewalk Chalk & Blazing Black)
- Magicals – Neon Graffiti Set (Poppin’ Pink and Luminous Lemon)
- Embossing Powder – Neon Graffiti Set
- Chipboard – Scrap FX Embellishments, Word Set B
- Golden, Light Molding Paste
- Sequins – Simon Says Stamp, Assorted Moonshine
- Sequins – Darice, 8mm Crystal
- Prima Finnabair Art Ingredients – Glass Beads Zinc
- Stencil – Tim Holtz Collection, Chevron THS024
- Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop, Mini Fence Frame
- Copic Multi Liner 0.03
- Palette Knife
- Kraft 12 x 12 card