Welcome back Lindy’s fans, I hope you all have your holiday plans more under control than I do! This year over Christmas I am moving house, so instead of my usual flurry of card making and house decorating, I’m packing boxes – LOTS of boxes. In spite of the move, I still wanted to make a quick Christmas card for my Mum and Dad, so I seized the opportunity to create something special using this months’ Color Challenge pallet – which is just stunning! I loved the idea of using tan, red and white together and just adore how it turned out, a little vintage and a bit bling.
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Products:
- Starburst Spray – Poinsettia Red Gold
- Flat Fabio – Cafe au Lait and Queen of Hearts Red
- Embossing Powder – Purely White
- Stamp Pad: Delicata – Golden Glitz, Ranger Archival Ink – Red Geranium and VersaMagic – Sahara Sand
- Stamps: Judikins – 2424J and Hero Arts – Merry Christmas
- Twine: 100% Crafter’s Cord – Earthy
- Prima Say It In Crystals – Welcome to Paris (red)
- Adhesive Pearl
- Stickles – Frosted Lace and Star Dust
To Make This Yourself:
Dip a paint brush into the Cafe au Lait Flat Fabio shot and paint onto watercolor card stock – leave to dry. I painted a smooth piece of card and a textured piece just for a little variation.
Spray smooth white card with a combination of Poinsettia Red Gold and Queen of Hearts Red – with this combo you will have intense color and stunning sparkle.
Trim the dry cafe au lait colored card into 4 pieces:
- 1 large rectangle – fold in half and this will be your card base
- 1 card front sized rectangle – which will be the front of your card – stamp this with VersaMagic ink
- 1 tall skinny rectangle – stamp this with Delicata gold ink – this will be the front panel, and
- 1 hand torn horizontal wedge – stamp this with Archival ink, this will be your decoration.
Keep any leftover pieces for layering. Distress the edges of each piece, mount onto white scrap card and assemble.
Use a metal die to cut out poinsettia flowers from the red cardstock, add a little shape to the petals and glue together to create your flower.
Add glue to the petal edges and sprinkle Purely White embossing powder over the top, dry with a heat gun – the glue will puff up a little! Finish by adding a touch of glitter.
Layer crystals, twine and little coils behind your Lindy’s poinsettia and glue firmly onto card front.
I love the contrast between the gorgeous sparkle of thePoinsettia Red Gold Starburst and the chalky finish of the Cafe au Lait Flat Fabio.
The finished card will look something like this, simple, elegant – with just a little bling!
I hope my simple festive card gives a few ideas to anyone who is stuck for inspiration this holiday season and of course, you could change the type of flower on the front and adapt this design to almost any occasion!
You can watch this being created below: