Hi Gang, it’s Solange Marques here with a gorgeous mixed media layout using Lindy’s Stamp Gang products.
I’ve used Starbursts and Moon Shadows to create a background and decorate the chipboard pieces.
This is how I’ve created my Mixed Media Layout. I’ve used: Salt Water Taffy, Bodacious Blush, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Buccaneer Bronze and I have made a step-by-step to show you how you can make this yourself:
- Glue down the photo on paper and I extend the edges with acrylic paints. I also applied some stamps on the photo.
2. Apply ceramic stucco to some places of the background.
3. After it dries, apply Lindy’s stamp Gang –Bodacious Blush and Salt Water Taffy.
4. Using a stencil, apply modelling paste .
5. Using a brush, apply acrylic gesso delicately on the ceramic stucco.
6. Splash Buccaneer Bronze on some places of the background and then spray water.
7. The background is ready.
8. Apply Lindy’s stamp gang spray Bodacious Blush, on the chipboard.
8. I added the chipboard, laces and flowers on the layout.
9. I added some fussy cuttings, such as flowers and butterflies. I added also the title:
10.To finish, I applied crackle paste to some places of the background.
You must spray the light colors and then add the darker colors.
Lindy’s Stamp Gang
- Starbursts: Salt Water Taffy ,Bodacious Blush, Dark Chocolate Truffle
- Moon Shadows: Buccaneer Bronze
- BoBunny papers, Imaginarium Designs chipboards, Prima flowers, Tresors de Luxe Laces, Acrylic Gesso, Modelling Paste, Crackle Paste,Ceramic Stucco.
12 thoughts on “Mixed Media Layout Techniques”
I absolutely love this! But as a newbie I am stumped as to what you mount this on to present it as a gift? Is this 12×12 scrapbook paper? Then what do you do? Also where can I find those precious butterflies you used, they are petite and pretty. Thanks!
Time well spent, it’s very pretty!
Wow!!! Really Gorgeous!!!
I agree! The photo has been blended into the page. Beautiful!
Fantastic technique..the photo looks part of the whole layout ,so beautifully extended ! Thanks a lot for sharing the techniques 🙂
OMG What a pretty piece of art. want to try out
Amazing Tuto I love your technique wow
Thank you Kathy!
Solange – as always, a most beautiful page and your technique of blending the photo in is wonderful.
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Beautiful project in every way 🙂