Hello!!! Kerry here and I am so excited to share my first project with you! I made a fabulous Art Journal using Lindy’s Magicals ! These powerful little pots of pigment are so versatile and the color combinations are endless.
The base of the cover was prepared with gesso. I added some paper strips, washi tape, fabric strips, lace, stamping and gauze to give lots of different texture. Once this was dry I added Lindy’s Magicals in:
- Yellow Rose of Texas
- Lucky Shamrock Green
- Tibetan Poppy Teal
- Hydranger Blue
- Prima Donna Purple
- Sweet Violet Purple Teal
I colored the chipboard frame and flowers with the same colors using a paint brush and I added some crystals and pearls for a little extra bling. The additional fabric and lace dangles were also colored using the same Magicals. The cover has a lovely sparkle that is hard to capture in pictures, but I promise it’s there.
This greenish blue shine on the ‘wish’ tile (seen below) was achieved using: Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spritz.
Each of the pages inside (300gsm watercolor paper) were colored with a mix of two of the Magicals used on the cover. The whimsical watercolor effects are different every time.
I have embellished each page with stamping, doodling, fabric, stickers and a few gems for a bit of sparkle.
You can watch the process video below or over on the Lindy’s YouTube Channel.
- Magical sets: Prairie Wildflower set, Victorian Bouquet set, Autumn Leaves set, and Drop Dead Diva set
- Sprays: Royal Peacock Fire
- Archival Ink, Liquitex ink, Fudeball Pen
- Stamps – Kaisercraft, Carabelle, Hero Arts, Prima, Technique Tuesday, Darkroom Door
- Whichcraft Chipboard, Gems, Butterfly Stickers, Fairy Droplets
- Chitchat stickers, metal embellishments, charms
- Fabric and gauze