Hi Lindy’s fans!
Caroline with you today with a step by step tutorial to make a gorgeous textured background canvas.
I choose some fabulous pink and purple tones from my spray stash and when choosing my shades I mixed Flat fabios and Starbursts. Layering both, keeps the awesome shimmer effect.
I started with some light modeling paste and a stencil, I completely dry it before continuing.
During that time, I embossed my chippies with Raspberry lemonade and Hollyhock scarlet plum powders
Then, I put on some art ingredients, peebles and metallic embellishments on my background and I covered them with gesso before starting to add colors. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures while I was coloring my canvas but you can see the process in the video I made.
I always start by the lighter color. I used Salt Water Taffy, Hibiscus Rose, Bougainvillea Fuschia and Urban Amethyst alternately.
Here are some close ups to show you how gorgeous the colors look.
You can watch the entire process in a short video right here or on the Lindy’s stamp gang Youtube channel.
- The simplest way to alter chipboard is to emboss them, there’s so many gorgeous colors in the store, we can match any combo.
- Embossing Powders: Raspberry lemonade,Hollyhock scarlet plum
- Starburst Sprays: Salt water taffy, Bougainvillea fushia
- Flat Fabio Sprays: Hibiscus rose, Urban Amethyst
- Light modeling paste, Gesso, Flowers: Prima – Chipboards: Scrapiniec – Badges: Cuts2luv – Stencil: Tim Holtz – Flowers: Wild orchid crafts
Thank you for being there, I hope you had a good time watching!