Hello friends! I’ve prepared for you a very special blog post, where I would like to show you, how Magical Shakers look like on a few different fabrics and what is the best way to apply them.
I used: fabric plaster, cotton tape, guipure flowers and cotton lace. The plaster was covered with gesso, other fabric’s pieces were clear and uncovered.
I used three colors of Magical Shakers: Bavarian Blue, Black Forest Black and Guten Tag Teal.
The basic technique for creating beautiful colored fabric is:
- Spritz fabric with water
- Mix Magical powder with water to create a paint
- Apply Magical paint to the edge of fabric and spritz with water to make the color bleed and wick
- Dry with a heat gun
- Add a second color using the same method if you like
Here you can take a closer cool at the colored elements, you can see how color spreads on fabric’s details and shapes.
I love the way the shakers act on fabric, they create amazing ombre effect!
I filmed a video tutorial for you too!
- Magical Shakers: Bavarian Blue, Black Forest Black and Guten Tag Teal.
- Fabric plaster, cotton tape, guipure flowers and cotton lace.
I hope you liked my art journal spread using fabric, I hope you can find an inspiration on my pages!
Thank You for stopping by!
4 thoughts on “Using Magical Shakers with Fabric”
This looks like such a fun way to work and it was quite hypnotic watching your video!
So very beautiful! I just love your journal spread design and layout! Perfect pops of color!
I love the colours in this, they are so soothing.
Perfect! Being in a Mixed Media Textile Artists group in New Mexico, I will definitely be using my shakers on fabric now.