Hello! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m going to show you how to make a mixed media canvas collage using a technique with texture paste and sparkly sprays from Lindy’s. Don’t worry I’ll walk you through how to create this step by step.
I used 5 different colors of spray to create my mixed media canvas, including Starbursts: Dark Chocolate Truffle, Tainted Love Teal, Violaceous Violet, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Hag’s Wart Orange and Flat Fabio: Sidewalk Chalk
Steps for Creating your own Mixed Media Canvas
- First I glued all of the metal parts and found objects onto the canvas.
- Then I grabbed a plastic bag and cut off a small corner. The thinner the corner, the thinner the line. The thicker the corner, the wider the line.
- I put a texture paste into the plastic bag and squeezed this over my canvas to create lines, from the center to the edge of the canvas. Let this dry.
- Next, prime the whole collaged mixed media canvas with black gesso.
- Then add different colors of Lindy’s sprays. In the end, toning collage
- To finish the canvas, add some toning to the collage using inka gold.
So you can see exactly what to do, I have filmed a video showing how you can make this step-by-step, you can watch it below or on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang YouTube Channel.
- Starbursts: Prima Donna Purple, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Tainted Love Teal, Violaceous Violet, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Hag’s Wart Orange.
- Flat Fabio: Sidewalk Chalk
- Black Gesso by Prima, Blended Fibers Acrylic Texture Gel by Liquitex, Inka Gold by Viva Decor, metal embellishments, Multi Medium Gloss by Ranger. Texture Paste by Sonet.
I hope you have enjoyed this unique mixed media canvas.