Hi there … Natalie here sharing a little Art Journal page I have created using a few gorgeous colors from Lindy’s and a few extras floating around my desk!
I have a few different sized Art Journals on the go at the moment and love that I can pick up a journal and use some of the extra bits from previous projects and create a page!
This page has been created in one of the smaller Dylusions Art Journals – a great size for projects on the go!
Here are a few simple steps that I used to create the page …
- Use a heavy body gesso like Liquitex to coat the page first – the coat of gesso not only seals the paper – it creates a surface for the color to sit on
- Start with the lightest color and use a generous brush stroke application to puddle the color on
- Give it a solid hit with the heat tool in between coats to ensure the colors dry thoroughly sot that they sit together rather than mix.
- Add a few splatters of color so that the droplets pool and dry in nice little spots.
- Then add some stamping using a Dina Wakley stamp and some grey archival ink
- I had two partially cut die cuts on my desk from another project, so I added these using a fine glue from XPress It and added some layers of Washi Tape to finish.
I am loving the soft finish this page has – and with the addition of the washi … I’m pretty happy with the result!
- Sprays: Salt Water Taffy , Queen of Hearts Red, Autumn Maple Crimson, Frozen Jack Frost, Dark Chocolate Truffle
That’s it for me today … have fun creating up a storm!