Hi gang! Sivan Amedi here and I’m really excited to be with you for my first DT project for Lindy’s.
For my very first project, I’m going to show you how to create a vintage clock with faux rust effects using only Lindy’s products and a little gesso.
I used sprays in Cowabunga Copper, Azure Sea Asters, Tainted Love Teal and Fuzzy Navel Peach and Embossing powder in Cleopatra’s Copper for this beautiful color and effect.
- Prepare flat texture with stencils
- Add different elements to create 3d texture
- Cover everything with white gesso
- Add color in layers from one side and paint with White Gesso from other side
I’ve filmed the process so you can watch and play along.
Using layers means the “rust” will be more beautiful, as the play between blue and copper/orange will be more naturally integrated.
Don’t forget to use the background with few Steampunk elements that help the rusty feeling along with the colors
- Spray: Cowabunga Copper, Azure Sea Asters, Tainted Love Teal, Fuzzy Navel Peach
- Embossing Powder: Cleopatra’s Copper
- White Gesso, Soft Matte Gel, 3d gel, Mica Flakes, Art Stones, Embellishments
Thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Rust Effect Vintage Clock with Lindy’s Sprays and Sivan”
Awesome grungy rusty effect !
Such a fun project! Thanks for sharing!