Hello dear friends!
Today I have created a mushrooms journal page using a fabulous Lindy’s sprays and Lindy’s Magical Shakers.
On this page I tried a new technique with texture paste and Magical paint. Before today, I always added Magicals to the paste, mixed well and applied through the stencil. TODAY, I first applied a texture paste, then, without removing the stencil, sprinkled with Magicals powder and smeared a little with palette knife. This is how I got an uneven color texture paste, which is sometimes absolutely necessary :))))
To create the background, I used embossing powder, texture paste, stamping with black ink and a few shades of sprays. Thanks to this mixture of products, the background turned out to be more profound and three-dimensional.
- Paint page with white gesso
- Stamp and emboss images onto background with King Midas embossing powder
- Apply texture paste and sprinkle with Magicals.
- Add paint around page to create a frame
- Cover mushroom images with gesso and color with Lindy’s
- Add more mushrooms, gesso and color until you are happy with composition.
- Paint background with Lindy’s using a paint brush.
When I revived the work, I added a vintage picture of a little girl. And now the page reminds me of an illustration of Alice in Wonderland.
You can watch the entire process on my video so you can see just what I have done and try this for yourself:
- Magicals: California Poppy Magical Shaker
- EP: King Midas Gold EP
- Starburst Sprays: Alpine Ice Rose, Salt Water Taffy, Autumn Maple Crimson, Bayou Boogie Gold, Grab a Guy Gold, Open Arms Amethyst, Tainted Love Teal, Bells of Ireland Green
- Glitz Spritz: Medieval Gold Glitz Spritz
- Moon Shadow Mists: Golden Doubloons Vintage Spray
- White, brown and black acrylic paint, white texture paste, Glossy Accents, Liner, 7 Dots sticker.
Have a nice day! Elena