it’s Kasia here with my new, very personal, close to my heart project created on a black canvas.
Try working with dark background and you’ll see how amazing Lindy’s colors look on such a surface. Sometimes you can even discover completely new shades to colors you love!
This time I made the whole composition on a dark background but used bright flowers, papers, and shiny sprays to make the project luminous and joyful. I also used embossing powders in several places, which made this canvas even more sparkly.
- Use stencil and modeling paste on your canvas, stick some big chipboard elements onto the surface
- Cover everything with black gesso or black acrylic paint,
- Add your composition – papers, chipboards, photo, flowers, and embellishments,
- Choose colors and add to your project, try to add the color on the sides of your composition, not in the center, you can use water to achieve a watercolor effect and interesting stain patterns
- To finish, splash everything with white paint and it’s ready!
I have created a video to show you step-by-step how to make something like this for yourself.
- Starburst sprays: French Lilac Violet, Hi Maintenance Magenta
- Flat Fabio sprays: Merry-go-Round Green, Luscious Lime
- Moon Shadow spray: Violaceous Violet
- Magical shakers: Magnolia Magenta Gold, Grab a Guy Gold
- Embossing powders: Sunset Yellow Orange, Imperial Crown Purple Gold
Thank you so much and I hope you have enjoyed this,