Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be with you this year as a Lindy’s Ambassador. For this month’s project I’m going to show you how to make Mixed Media Collage titled “Hat” that I’ve colored with Starburst Sprays from Lindy’s.
- Cut straw hat so it lays flat and draw petals with a felt tip marker.
- Apply liquid adhesive to the petal outlines and apply thread.
- Cut out the petals and prime each petal with white gesso
- Create flower by:
Cut up plastic baubles and glue sticks into holes
Glue sticks into a ring, to create stamens
Cut crosses in each bauble with scissors
Stick petals to the base of the stamen ring
Prime the stamens and stick on a pair of petals
Attach the remaining petals and leaves to create your flower
- On the background around the flower glue on buttons and prime with black gesso
- Mix stones with texture paste and apply on the edge of the collage
- Add beads inside the flower stamens
- Prime the background in black and the flower in white
- Cover the collage with different colors of Lindy’s spray – choose your favourite colors.
- Dry brush with white gesso to add dimension and highlight the texture and pattern
- Add liquid spangles to the stamens to finish
I’ve used Starbursts: Jazzy Jivin’ Purple, Voodoo Violet Blue, Witch’s Potion Purple, Yellow Rose of Texas, Cathedral Pines Green to create my mixed media collage. You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or instead of attaching to a canvas at step 5 – attach to a headband and make your own headband or hat instead!
- Starbursts: Jazzy Jivin’ Purple, Voodoo Violet Blue, Witch’s Potion Purple, Yellow Rose of Texas, Cathedral Pines Green.
- Hat, Buttons, White primer, Black primer, Threads, Pyromidic link, beads, liquid glitter, Texture Paste, Button, Stones.
I hope you have enjoyed this collage.