Hi sweet Lindy’s friends! 🙂 Are you already enjoying your summer days? School is over in Slovenia but our family is still waiting for real holiday time at the seaside. It’s actually quite fresh these days, so for the moment I’m on my vacations at the seaside only in my dreams and with my projects too, as you’re about to see!
This week I have prepared a tutorial for a mixed media altered Lighthouse.
I hope you like it!
- My first step was to make a 3D Lighthouse that I build from two flat ones set on the wooden base with adding a cardboard in between.
- Then I covered it with a coat of white gesso and a coat of white crackle texture paste. I love the effect crackle paste gives, especially when covering all kind of houses.
- Next, I arranged some cheesecloth and some rope around the base and added lots of gorgeous seashells and lots of art stones of different sizes.
- I then covered everything with another coat of white gesso, dried it and colored it with gorgeous Lindy’s gang Magicals and sprays. I first started adding some brown “Opal Sea Oats” and then blue shade of “Sassy Sapphire”. For the depth I added a bit of “Tainted Love Teal” Starburst spray, applying it with a brush.
- I also added some Turquoise glitter on top and I sprinkled everything with a bit of “King Midas Gold” embossing powder when still wet and then heated it to melt. For the finishing touch I added some white splatters on top.
Now it is all set and ready to decorate my living room in the upcoming hot summer days! Make sure you make one for your living room too!
I prepared a video tutorial for you on the Lindy’s gang youtube channel:
And so you can see how beautiful it looks, here are some close-ups…
- Opal Sea Oats Magical from Mermaid Seashells Shimmer Magicals set,
- Sassy Sapphire Magical from Drop Dead Diva Shimmer Magicals set,
- Tainted Love Teal Shimmer Spray,
- King Midas Gold Embossing powder.
Thank you for stopping by! Hope my project inspired you and I hope to see you back soon!
Enjoy your day!