One big sweet summer “Hello” to all Lindy’s friends here… 🙂
Today I wanted to share with you my passion for textures. I really really love to see lots of amazing textures on a mixed media project and Lindy’s colors bring so much life to them. So today I decided to alter a gorgeous heart shaped box.
I added lots of textures to it, embellished it with gorgeous flowers and dressed it in one of my favorite color combinations of soft pink and green. And I think butterflies are just a perfect way to finish off such a soft and feminine project.
- Cover a heart-shaped box with two types of texture pastes – white crackle texture paste and white sand texture paste.
- Then cover the remaining spots on the box with a coat of white gesso.
- Add some chipboards on top of the lid, some sisal fibers and make the arrangement with flowers and a quote.
- Add another texture on top of it, mixing art stones and mini art stones with some white gesso and some gel medium, applying it on various parts o the box.
- Then add color, using Lindy’s sprays.
- For the finishing touch, dry-gesso some parts and added few white splashes on top.
- And at the end just add two more lovely butterflies.
I’ve also prepared a video tutorial for you on Lindy’s gang youtube channel, so you can follow through with the steps to create your own textured box to stash your favorite small treasures in it.
- Pink Ladies Pink Flat Fabio Spray
- Pretty in Pink Pink Starburst Shimmer Spray
- Edelweiss Moss Green Starburst Spray
Hope you’ve enjoyed my inspiration and the tutorial and see you soon again!