Hi Lindy’s lovers,
I’m back today to share a step-by-step video on how to create a mixed media pastel canvas with Lindy’s Shakers. I used the shaker powders to create pastel colors even if they seem dark, these powders are really versatile.
- Put cheesecloth on the canvas to create a texture and cover with white gesso
- Add some embellishments (chipboards, flowers, clay pieces)
- Let dry and cover with white gesso
- Use 3 colors of Lindy’s shakers and create an ombre effect with the colors. Use the Blue at the center, then the purple, and finally the pink color on the edges. (Afternoon Delight Denim, Polka Purple, Magnolia Magenta Gold)
- You can add white spray if it is not pastel enough (Frozen Jack Frost)
- Let dry and add some flowers, beads, flairs and words stickers
I’ve created a step-by-step video if you want to watch the entire process and create with me.
Here are some close-ups of my canvas – just look at that color!
- Magical Shakers: Afternoon Delight Denim, Polka Purple, Magnolia Magenta Gold
- Spray: Frozen Jack Frost
- Embossing powder: Prima Donna Purple
- Cuts2luv flairs, Prima flowers, Wild Orchid flowers, Stickers Les Créations Edith Cloutier, Dusty Attic chipboards
See you soon ladies! Have a very nice day,