Hi dear Lindy’s gang friends and fans. Summer has come to an end and in Slovenia, we just started school and days are pretty busy and hectic. But as I was cleaning my kids closets, I found some beautiful treasures hidden inside. 🙂 One of them was, for example, this Artist Palette that was just screaming for me to repurpose it! I already made one Artist Palette as inspiration for this month’s Color Challenge but felt compelled to do one more, since the idea behind was totally different.
So I made this Altered Palette showcasing colorfulness and richness of textures, smells and Picturesqueness of the Fall. I hope you’ll like my idea and the result that came out of it!
- Cover the Palette with a coat of white gesso, then top that with a coat of special texture paste (I used Ceramic Stucco texture paste). Add another coat of white gesso and a coat of White crackle texture paste on some parts of the palette.
- When dry, add white color from tube into round paint wells and add some colors on top. I’ve been using colors from this month’s color palette: Time Travel Teal, Frozen Jack Frost, Bavarian Blue, Hottie Pattotie Hot Pink and Octoberfest Orange with a dash of Grab a Guy Gold.
- When all dry add some Autumn themed photos that match colors on the color palette.
- Using Gel medium add some glitter, micro beads and confetti on top of the colors.
- Add a painted brush, quote and some white splashes to make it look more artistic.
I’ve also prepared a video tutorial on Lindy’s Youtube channel so it’s easier for you to follow the process.
- Magicals: Time Travel Teal, Frozen Jack Frost, Autumn Maple Crimson, Grab a Guy Gold, Oktoberfest Orange, Bavarian Blue.
- Sprays – Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Frozen Jack Frost
Hope you were inspired by my project and tutorial for it and I hope to see you back soon! Enjoy your Autumn days!