Hello gorgeous gang, Phoebe Tonosaki here on the Lindy;s blog today. I am so excited to share this project with you which is a mixed media steampunk style Typewriter.
It is great fun to alter a bigger object and the elements that can be added to it!
Lindy’s Gang Sprays work especially well on surfaces with lots of pop-ups and bumpy areas.
Here is the special combination of Lindy’s products I have used to create this gorgeous rusty effect look Grab a Guy Gold, Golden Sleigh Bells, Screamin’ Banshee Black, Burnt Umber, Sidewalk Chalk and Medieval Gold.
1) Prime the whole surface with black gesso
2) Add metal embellishments
3) Paint light coat of brown rust paste on the top of metal embellishment and random areas
4) Start adding the Lindy’s sprays and dry between layers.
5) Lightly touch with wax
6) Finally, finish with some highlights of Burnt Umber Vintage Spray
Here is a video tutorial for you! please stop by and see how I turned a normal dull object into a steampunk style wonder!
- Starburst Sprays: Grab a Guy Gold, Golden Sleigh Bells, and Screamin’ Banshee Black
- Moon Shadow Mists: Burnt Umber Vintage Spray
- Flat Fabio Sprays: Sidewalk Chalk Flat Spray
- Glitz Spritz Sprays: Medieval Gold Glitz Spritz