Hi Lindy’s lovers,
I’m back today to share a step-by-step video on how to create a mixed media background with ink sprays, magicals, embossing powder, stamps and drawings. I love mixing my spray with different techniques to create spectacular and unique layout backgrounds. You can use the same thing with an art journal, card or whatever. I use a simple pen, but you can use an archival pen too.
- Use a watercolor paper
- Choose 1-3 in spray, 1 embossing and 1 magical in the same tone
- Use the palest colors first and the darkest after. Blend the color with water and brush and dry at the same time.
- When it’s dry, you can use the magical and pen to add texture with your doodle lines
- It’s very important to follow the “wave” and to not put it everywhere. Create a movement in your background
- At the end, add another texture with a mixture of embossing powder and gel medium on a stencil. I love this effect, it’s very special.
- You can add some stamps to finalize
I’ve created a step-by-step video if you want to watch the entire process and create with me.
Here are some close-ups of my background and finished layout
- Embossing powder: Pop Rock Purple
- Spray: Tea Pot Purple, Plumeria Pink, Prima Donna Purple
- Magical: Raspberry Lemonade
- Cuts2luv flairs, Les Créations Edith Cloutier die-cuts, stamps, Pink fresh Studio stickers, Staedler pens
See you soon ladies! Have a very nice day,
3 thoughts on “Mixed Media background with doodling”
This is gorgeous! Love it!
Superbe page et vidéo! Merci pour le partage!!!
What a fabulous tutorial Valerie!! Just go with the flow!