Hi gorgeous Gang! It’s Cindy here and this time I’m back with a video instead of a step-by-step post. I’ve created this fun Mixed Media Christmas Tree Canvas (with lighting and Lindy’s!) and nbow I just needed to share it with my favorite gang.
- Collect buttons, gears, pebbles, pine cones, metal pieces, whatever you like to use and arrange them in a tree shape on a canvas, using heavy gel medium to attach everything
- Add beads to fill some of the empty gaps
- Make sure to keep some open space for the lights later on
- Cover everything in white gesso
- Add some texture using modelling paste and a stencil
- Use your favorite winter colored Lindy’s sprays or powders to give the tree it’s color
- Add some metallique wax or paint, cover in white gesso using the dry brush technique
- Punch tiny holes trough the canvas using a knife to add the lights
- Add embossing powders to the tree using an embossing ink dabber or apply with a paint brush
- Use paint to color the backside of some art pebbles and glue them on top of tree
- Add mica flakes for a frosty effect
You can watch the video of the process down below or visit our YouTube channel.
- Sprays – My Mojito Green, Sea Grass Green, Jack in the Pulpit Teal, TiffanyLou Blue, Gossamer Gold, T-Bird Turquoise
- Embossing Powders – Orbit Olive, Tannenbaum Green Gold, Midnight Gold
- Canvas (30×40 cm), white gesso, metal gears, castings, buttons, pine cones, beads, modelling paste, 13@rts stencil, metallique wax, acrylic paints, glass pebbles, Emboss It! dabber, Mica flakes
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and thank you so much for stopping by!
One thought on “Light -Up Mixed Media Christmas Tree Canvas with Cindy”