It’s getting colder and colder here in Slovenia every day. We’ve had our first snowflakes a few days ago, but they didn’t last for long. I still remember how excited I was as a kid each time it started to snow outside. It’s such a joy and happiness to watch my kids being the same. I love snow. It usually causes chaos on the roads, but when you can afford to be stuck at home with a good book, movie and a cup of hot tea, watching snowflakes dancing in the air… nothing beats that Winter spirit!
Each year I get so excited with the ideas of making fresh Winter projects! It’s a special time! And this year is no different than the others. So for my first December project, I prepared for you an Altered Teacup in which I created a snowy winter scene.
- First I colored my cup with a mixture of Heavy white Gesso, White texture paste and some added fine sand.
- I let it dry (you can speed-up your drying process with a Heat Gun) and then colored it applying Lindy’s sprays. I was using Azure Sea Asters and Tainted Love Teal Starburst Spray.
- I then filled my cup with various pieces of cardboard to raise the level of a bottom and applied some Cotton Wool on top of it. I applied a bit of Sculpture medium and Paper Texture paste on it and when still wet I sprinkled it with Pure White Lindy’s embossing powder and melted it.
- Then I added my cardboard pieces and other decoration. I colored the pieces with Lindy’s Starburst Cowabunga Copper Spray or embossed it with Purely White embossing powder.
- I then added some artificial snow and some white glitter on top of everything.
- I also decorated the cup with some chipboard pieces and a big flower and added some Art Stones at the end.
I’ve also made a video tutorial, which you can find on Lindy’s gang youtube channel:
Lindy’s Products used:
- Starburst Sprays: TiffanyLou Blue, Azure Sea Asters, Tainted Love Teal, and Cowabunga Copper
- Embossing Powder: Purely White
Hope you liked the winter inspiration I prepared for you today! And I’m so much looking forward to seeing all your wintery projects this coming month!
Enjoy your day!
3 thoughts on “Walking in the Winter Wonderland with Aleksandra”
Aleksandra… My sweet inspiration, this is just magical… Love the tutorial .. xoxoxo
Thanks so much for sharing this awesome inspiration… xoxoxo
I forgot to say thank you for the brilliant video
Wow, this is absolutely stunning