Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be with you for another year as a Lindy’s Ambassador.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make a Mixed Media Jar “Santa” perfect for Christmas or with a little tweaking, New Years, that I’ve colored with Starburst Sprays from Lindy’s. Now, this is so fabulous because it gives you a chance to use up all those beautiful backgrounds and paper scraps you have collected during the year and all you will need to do is borrow a spinner (fidget spinner) from one of the children. Let me show you how!
The layers of paper were covered with a mixture of sprays, I’ve used Starbursts: Fiddlehead Fern Green, Delphinium Turquoise, Alpine Ice Rose, Prima Donna Purple, Autumn Maple Crimson, Yellow Rose of Texas and Moon Shadow Mist: Bucket O’Blood Red to create my jar.
You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors for almost any occasion during the year.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make this at home.
- Twist the spinner (fidget spinner) and pour on a bit of spray color (Starbursts, Fabios or even Moon Shadow mist sprays) create beautiful fireworks (you might want to wear an apron for this part). Leave to dry.
- Use an outline of a jar as a template and cut out jar shapes from your background, add ink to the edges
- Glue on Santa Claus picture
- Cut a piece of plastic sheet to cover the jar and create a pocket. Sew around 3 edges and leave the top open.
- Add sequins, beads and glitter into the jar
- Sew completely around the plastic sheet (so none of the embellishments fall out) and to seal the top.
- Tie cord around the top of the jar to look like twine around the lid
- Contour glitter to create volume inside the jar
- Starbursts: Fiddlehead Fern Green, Delphinium Turquoise, Alpine Ice Rose, Prima Donna Purple, Autumn Maple Crimson, Yellow Rose of Texas.
- Moon Shadow Mist: Bucket O’Blood Red.
- Watercolor paper, jar template, sequins, glitter, Santa Claus drawings, jute cord, outline glitter, spinner, Plastic sheet.
I hope you have enjoyed these cute Jars.