Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be with you for another year as a Lindy’s Ambassador.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make a DIY Mixed Media Decorations “Mini Houses” perfect for Christmas, that I’ve colored with Embossing powder from Lindy’s. This is a very simple and beautiful decoration, decorating to your taste, suitable for any occasion. I’ve used Embossing powder: Cuckoo Clock Cardinal, Purely White to create my houses.
You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors for almost any occasion during the year.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make this at home.
1. Glued together blanks for the house
2. In the blanks for the roof, make holes for a two-color cord (so you can hang your house)
3. Cover with white primer (gesso)
4. Take white powder and added some sparkles
5. Apply the texture paste through a mask, sprinkle with powder and bake
6. Cover chipboard with red embossing powder and stick onto the houses
7. Apply texture paste on the roof and sprinkled with large sequins or confetti glitter pieces
- Embossing powder: Cuckoo Clock Cardinal, Purely White
- Cardboard, mask, white primer, two-color cord, glitter, Moment glue, decorative chipboard, textural paste
I hope you have enjoyed these cute Houses.