Nuneka here with a little Color Challenge inspiration. When I saw the color combo for this month challenge I immediately had the feeling that spring is around the corner, and spring to me means butteries, grasshoppers, bees, dragonflies and all kind of little critters coming to life, because I love to go out and take photos so it’s my favorite season. So with that in my head, I created a Butterfly House with tiny hanging gardens.
To make the Butterfly House this is the basic process
- Cover the house and the hanging hearts with white gesso.
- Make a hole in the bottom of the house and pass the knot of the hanging hearts, glue it.
- Add texture to the hearts and the house with different stencils to create interest.
- Glue some branches, flowers and art stones, and cover with gesso.
- Grab your favorite Lindy’s purple and grey and create a gradients in all the pieces.
- Use Lindy’s green and purple for the tiny gardens, paying attention to where the colors met and blending carefully so the transition is soft.
- Glue some embossed leaves and flowers on top of the branches and stones.
- Make white splatters to create a dreamy look.
- Glue some sentiments and lots of butterflies.
To give a new look to your leaves and flowers with Lindy’s Embossing Powders this is the basic process
- Cover your leaves with gesso: some with white, some with clear. This will make a difference when you add the embossing powders, cause one will look darker than others.
- Paint the leaves and the flowers with an embossing ink marker.
- Cover with your favorite Lindy’s embossing powders.
- Melt with the heat gun.
You can watch the full tutorial on Lindy’s YouTube channel
- Flat Fabio Spray: Frenchy’s Pink Pouf, Aloha Avocado
- Magical Shaker: Stormy Silver
- Magical: Tea Pot Purple, Mad Hatter Mint Green
- Embossing Powder: Spring Leaf Chartreuse, Hollyhock Scarlet Plum
- Gesso (white and clear), gel medium, art stones, metallic embellishments, metallic wax, white ink, micro beads, stickers.
I hope you like spring as much as I do and be inspired to create something awesome with your Lindy’s.
See you soon!