Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be with you for another year as a Lindy’s Ambassador.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make a Mixed Media Pencil holder perfect for your desk and showing off your favorite pens and pencils. I’ve colored this with Starbursts sprays from Lindy’s. This is a very simple and beautiful holder for you pencils, brushes and other desktop items. I’ve used Starbursts sprays: Glory of the Seas Gold, Milk Chocolate, Midnight Rendezvous Raven, Mission Bells Brown to create my pencil holder.
You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or theme.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make this at home.
- Glue reels of tape together to create height
- Glue with PVA lace glue
- Wrap a narrow reel of adhesive tape in jute cord and cut one side to glue to the middle of the tallest reel.
- Glue down plastic embellishments and cover with white primer.
- Create a gradient from light to dark applying Lindy’s Starburst sprays (Glory of the Seas Gold, Milk Chocolate, Midnight Rendezvous Raven, Mission Bells Brown)
- Add volume, highlighting the protruding parts using white ground (gesso)
- Starbursts Sprays: Glory of the Seas Gold, Milk Chocolate, Midnight Rendezvous Raven, Mission Bells Brown
- Reel of adhesive tape, white primer, glue gun, lace, PVA glue, jute cord, plastic figures
I hope you have enjoyed this pencil holder idea.