Hi Lindy’s lovers!
Valerie here and I’m coming back today with a brand new project! I had fun with the new Squirts and I created a fabulous watercolor background using doilies. It’s a very simple technique and the result is fantastic. You only need doilies, water and Lindy’s Squirts inks.
The squirts have a thicker consistency than Lindy’s Sprays so this is the perfect ink for this technique since the ink doesn’t leak under the doily.
- Use watercolor paper
- Place some doilies on your background
- Choose 1-2 colors of Lindy’s squirts. I used Polite People Purple and Banff Blue
- Paint directly on the doilies with a brush.
- Add water to create a watercolor effect
- Remove the doilies
- Add some drops with squirts on the layout and on the doilies
- Place the doilies one over the other and add your photo on it
I’ve created a step-by-step video so you can watch the entire process
Here are more close-ups of my finished layout
See you soon ladies!
Have a very nice day,