Hi lovelies! Time for another tutorial and another experiment, this time with Gelli printing, Squirts, Magicals and Shakers. I decided to try and see how will the Gelli printing works with Lindy’s products. Everybody uses acrylics and you know me, I like to play and see what else is there to be done. The Gelli printing with Lindy’s works! The effects are different but in a good way. I did only one try, but I will surely do it again, looking for all the ways, colors and patterns I can get.
Today though I have for you a set of ATC’s, all in pastel tons and all about innocence- totally different than most of my projects.
I also prepared for you a video tutorial, basic step-by-step list and few close-ups photos.
- Squeeze out, sprinkle or spray Lindy’s products onto the Gelli printing plate (mine is homemade), add water if needed for Magicals, place stencil over the paint, then a sheet of paper ( I used regular printing paper) and pass the Brayer over the paper
- When the paper is dry, tear it into pieces fitting your ATC cards bases
- Add some stamping, doodling, etc. and/ or run the cards through sewing machine to add some distressed look
- Stamp the images you are planning to use on watercolor/ mixed-media paper, color them if needed (I used Magicals as watercolors) and glue them to the cards
- Add finishing touches, embellishments, word stickers, additional backing to the cards, etc.
Link to my video:
- Squirts: Polite People Purple, Loonie Toonie Teal, Banff Blue
- Magicals: Urban Amethyst, Azure Sea Aster & Cape Cod Coral
- Magical Shaker: Grab a Guy Gold
- Embossing Powders: Sunset Yellow Orange & Prima Donna Purple
- Flat Fabio spray- Sidewalk Chalk
- Ab Studio stencils: # 114, # 90, Carabelle Studio Art Printing- Stripped Lines Background and stamp set- Innocence, Archival Ink by Ranger, Mat Gel- Pebeo, Rubber Dance stamp- Stitch and Frame, Distress Oxides- Salty Ocean & Wilted Violet, Ink It embossing pad by Ranger, Studio Light background stamp, Water Soluble Oil Pastels, UniBall Signo white pen, Glossy Accents by Ranger, Small Talk by Tim Holtz, Nuvo- Crystal Drops
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great day,