Hello dear Lindy’s friends. I hope your day is going well. Mine has been very creative as I have just finished my inspiration for you for the amazing Lindy’s gang blog. This time I went all wild and altered a chipboard sewing machine. I used some Graphic 45 papers and made a sewing box out of it. It was a lot of work, but so worth the time spent. I love it and hope you’ll like it too.
My black Lindy’s sprays are quietly sitting on my shelfs. I admit… I don’t often use them, since I don’t often make “dark” projects. But I’m doing them an injustice since they are really really gorgeous. So today’s project was perfect, I decided to alter the sewing machine in an old-fashioned vintage way – black with some gold touches.
- I first put together my chipboard sewing machine. It was actually quite time-consuming.
- I then colored the sewing machine first with a coat of white gesso.
- I made a mixture of white gesso, white texture paste and some sand and mini art stones. I added the mixture on some parts of my sewing machine, especially the edges.
- I then started coloring it. I first added a coat of plain black Lindy’s spray – Blazing Black Flat Fabio and then on top a coat of gorgeous Frolic in the Forest Black Starburst spray.
- I then add some golden touches with Finnabair Vintage Gold Mettalique wax.
- At the end, I embellished the sewing machine and box with Graphic 45 Ladies Diary collection and put everything together.
- I also used some new Antique Gold Magical shaker to mix it with a texture paste and color small props with it (thread discs,…).
I’ve also made a video tutorial, which you can find on Lindy’s gang youtube channel.
And here are some close-ups for you.
- Blazing Black Flat Fabio spray,
- Frolic in the Forest Black Starburst spray,
- Antique Gold Mettalique Magical shaker.
Hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!