Hi my dear Lindy’s friends!
Julia Kissel here with a new steampunk style project! I found this image of a funny man’s half head pic with a rabbit on Pinterest and this became the inspiration for my project…)))
I have decided to create glasses for him using various metal embellishments and I created the base for the project using hoops with felt … and then began the fun.
- Take oval hoops (dimension 6*7.5in), put dense felt on them, reinforce base with a thick cardstock on the backside
- Randomly apply texture crackle paste to the felt and let it dry
- Paint the chipboard with black acrylic and add embossing using Silver Moon Turquoise EP
- Beautiful cracks should have appeared on the dried surface… Time to use Magical Shakers!
Use four colors Bratwurst Brown, Antique Bronze, Glittering Gold, Guten Tag Teal
- Alternately apply dry pigment powders and moisten the surface
- Gather your embellishments and glue them onto the composition and cover with Transparent Gel
- Then tint some places with acrylic paints and highlight the texture with waxes
- Apply white Gesso
- Create shadows using alcohol inks.
I made this step-by-step video for you! Watch and enjoy!
Some close-ups so you can see how amazing this looks!
- Embossing powder Silver Moon Turquoise EP
- Magical Shakers: Bratwurst Brown, Antique Bronze, Glittering Gold, Guten Tag Teal
Tacky Glue Original, Transparent 3D Gel, white Gesso, alcohol inks by Ranger, 7Dots paper, acrylic paints and waxes by Prima Marketing, Texture crackle paste by Finnabair
See you soon, bye-bye!
One thought on “Steampunk Canvas by Julia Kissel”
Julia did a damn good job. I like it very much.