HI, my dear friends! Viktoriya Porechnaya here with a little tropical inspiration for you! Have you seen the new fabulous Lindy’s products – Squirts?! I think, yes! So many ways how you can use them!
My idea is to use it for fabric too. I made my bright Tropical notebook cover from cotton fabric painted with colorful tropical leaves and patterns. They are created with fantastic Squirts, Metallic Shakers and sprays and looks like batik.
And I made step-by-step video tutorial to show you how easy it can be
- Prepare cotton fabric, mix PVA glue and water 3:1 and apply to fabric with brush. Not thick coat but carefully. Dry it.
- Transfer a picture you wish to paint on the fabric or draw it yourself
- Create a watercolor background with Lindy’s sprays and a wet sponge. Let it dry.
- Paint tropical leaves and other details with Squirts mixing tones on fabric. Dry carefully.
- Add golden lines – I dissolved Glittering Gold Magical Shaker in water and used a thin brush for lining
- Make a colorful background on the other side of the fabric, add some sprinkles and splashes.
- When the fabric dries, iron on the backside and make a notebook’s cover.
- You don’t need to add many embellishments for your notebook because it has great bright colors and shining!
And now for some of the details..
- Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal, Banff Blue, Mapple Syrup Bronze
- Magical Shaker Glittering Gold
- Sprays: Lusciuos Lime Flat Spray, Time Travel Teal Shimmer Spray
- Cotton fabric, PVA glue