Nuneka here with a couple of colorful tags. This color combo we have in the Color Challenge this month is one of my favorites and I wanted to create something small and cute, full of beautiful things. And every time I make a tag, I always feel a little sad if I have to say it goodbye when I give it to a friend, so the perfect solution is to make two!!
- Cut your desired tag shapes in heavy cardstock
- Cover them with white gesso, dry
- Add texture using a beautiful stencil (in this case I used crackle paste), dry
- Spray the tag with water, it will help the colors move and blend together
- Use Starburst Squirts to add color, as they are stronger I used one color for each side of the tag
- Use Magical Shakers to add color in the center, this way the color will make a beautiful transition from the brighter to the darker
- Before drying, move the tag a bit so the colors will blend perfectly, dry.
- Use a script stamp and embossing ink to add a little interest to the background with gold Embossing Powder, they will melt semi-transparent and will create a holographic shade when you move the tag
- Ink the edges of the tags with black ink
- Coat the chipboard with embossing ink and use Lindy’s Embossing Powders to create a beautiful effect, using the darkest in the center and the lighter on the edges
- Cut some watercolor paper mini tags and sprinkle with Magical Shakers, spray with water and dry; then stamp some script and butterflies and ink the edges with black ink; tie with some golden string
- Make a couple of butterflies with clay and moulds, let them dry, cover with gesso and use your favorite Starburst Sprays to color them, using the darker tone in the center and the lighter in the edges.
- Make a mix of art stones in different sizes, spray them with water and sprinkle new Magical Shaker Glittering Gold, dry
- Use a cutting die to cut some shapes on watercolor paper, sprinkle black Magical Shaker and spray with water, dry and coat them with embossing ink, use the same gold Embossing Powder used on the tag backgrounds, you’ll see how different it looks on top of black!
- Cut a couple of cotton ribbons, spray water and sprinkle the same Magical Shakers you’ve used in the tags, dry.
Assemble the Tags
- Glue the chipboards near to the edge on one tag, to the opposite in the other
- Glue the die cut pieces and mini tags on top using some cardboard to add volume
- Make splatters with white ink around the chipboards
- Glue the butterflies and some flowers in matching colors
- Glue on the art stones
- Use gold wax to highlight the butterflies and the edges of the tags
- Make holes, place eyelets and tie the ribbon
You can watch the whole process on Lindy’s YouTube channel:
- Starburst Squirts (Poutine Gold, Polite People Purple)
- Magical Shaker (Magnolia Magenta Gold, Glittering Gold, Polka Purple, Black Forest Black)
- Embossing Powder (Imperial Crown Purple, King Midas Gold, Caesar’s Gold)
- Starburst Sprays (Open Arms Amethyst, Golden Sleigh Bells)
- Gesso, embossing ink, stamps, black ink, chipboards, art stones, wax, white acrylic ink, ribbon
That’s all today, gang!
See you very soon!!