Hello Sweeties, today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang with a new tutorial for you: a vintage layout. I have chosen to work with a romantic pink and brown vintage color palette for this project and of course, the gorgeous Lindy’s Moon Shadow Mists which are perfect for creating a vintage themed look to any project.
Now on to my project!
- Stamp randomly with black ink on paper
- Prime the background with clear gesso
- Add a design with white crackle paste and paper paste
- Color the design with inks and/or Magicals
- Glue all the embellishments: flowers, lace scraps, book pages
- Emboss the back of a few pebbles with Queen Sheba’s Silver twice
- Finish the layout with microbeads and glass glitters.
And here is the step-by-step video so you can watch and make this for yourself:
Now that I’ve shown you how I made this, I thought I’d share some tips for vintage projects!
Top 5 Tips for Creating a Vintage Feel
- Use Lindy’s Moon Shadow Mist spray over your other colors to add a brown tint to the piece
- Add old book page as an embellishment – crumple gently for texture
- Use lace – if it looks too new spray lightly with Moon Shadow mist to tint the lace
- Dye ribbon with tea, coffee or Moon ShadowMist to look more vintage
- Use crackle paste on your background to add instant age!
- Starburst – Bombshell Black
- Moon Shadow Mist – Smoky Sapphire
- Magical – Autumn Maple Crimson (Autumn Leaves Magical set)
- Embossing Powder – Queen Sheba’s Silver