Hello dear Lindy’s gang fans, it’s my turn on the Lindy’s blog and I’m so happy to be with you today. I’m seeing so many beautiful Altered books in the last few weeks and I just realized it’s been almost two years since I made my last one. So I decided to give it another go and prepare one for my Lindy’s friends. I went with soft pastel colors and a spring touch this project. I just love how this came out in the end. Hope you’ll like it too.
- I first prepared a book that I was going to alter. I opened it and glued some pages together on the left and right side of the book. I tore some pages at the end to get a more divergent look.
- Then I added some lace in between some pages and on the top.
- I covered everything with a coat of white gesso, added some different kinds of texture pastes and added another coat of white gesso on top.
- I decided to color it with fresh spring colors using Magicals – Glory of the Seas Gold, Pineapple Paradise, Mango Mania and Aloha Avocado.
- Then I started to embellish it by adding some paper cut-outs and some flowers.
- On top, I dry-brushed flowers with a bit of a white gesso again, added some white paint splashes and some micro beads, art stones and glitter to finish it off.
Here are some additional close-up photos for you.
And I’ve also prepared a video tutorial for you on Lindy’s gang Youtube channel:
- Glory of the Seas Gold Magical from Mermaid Seashells set
- Pineapple Paradise Magical from Caribbean Cruise set
- Mango Mania Magical from Caribbean Cruise set
- Aloha Avocado Magical from Hawaiian Islands set
Hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!