Nuneka here again with a very easy project today: a bookmark made of a t-shirt tag. Recently I bought some cool clothes which came with huge beautiful tags that people use as bookmarks. In one side they have a little description of the t-shirt design or a short explanation about what inspired the designer to create it, the other side is just the brand logo… and I thought why not to do something on that side!? So I grabbed some few things and my Lindy’s Magical Shakers and started to have fun.
- I covered one side of the tag with gesso
- Then I added a geometric pattern with texture paste and a stencil, to create an interesting background
- I covered the chipboard clock with gesso and added crackle paste on top, and also a bit on the tag too
- I dried everything well and glued the clock on the tag
- I sprinkled Time Travel Teal Magical Shaker in the edges of the tag, Bavarian Blue in the center, and Magnolia Magenta Gold here and there; then I sprayed water and dried to fix the colors
- I sprayed water again and added Frozen Jack Frost to make some areas look lighter
- To create the northern light effect, I sprinkled just a tiny bit of Yodeling Yellow before drying again
- Then I added a little more of the blues to darken some areas, sprayed water again to make everything blend and I dried
- I used Bavarian Blue and Stormy Sky Magical Shakers to color the clock: I mixed the powders with a little water in my mat and used a paintbrush to go around the clock very gently.
- I glued some flowers in the center of the tag
- Then I covered some metallic embellishments with gesso and glued them on too
- I glued art stones to make everything look like one and only cluster
- When everything was dry, I sprinkled Time Travel Teal, Bavarian Blue and Magnolia Magenta Gold on top of the art stones
- I let the colors go into the flowers a little, and added some more yellow to make the center more powerful, the dried everything well
- I used metallic waxes to highlight the embellishments and the stones
- I dyed the cord of the tag with Time Travel Teal, Yodeling Yellow and Magnolia Magenta Gold
- Then I made splatters with white acrylic ink
- Finally, I glued a sentiment and a couple of butterflies
You can watch the full process on Lindy’s YouTube channel:
- Magical Shakers: Time Travel Teal, Bavarian Blue, Yodeling Yellow, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Frozen Jack Frost, Stormy Silver
- gesso, gel medium, texture paste, stencil, art stones, metallic waxes, flowers, metallic embellishments
See you very soon, guys!