Hello, hello:) In today’s post I would like to show you a few different ways to use Magicals and Shakers. Not everybody may know it, but the colors and effect you can achieve with them are dependant on many factors, like if you sprinkle them first or rather add water, how much water, will the colors be the same if you first dilute them on the side, what is gonna happen if you spray water on them from very far away, etc. Of course, there are so many techniques on working with them, I have just chosen a few of them I find very interesting and I only use paper to work with Magicals and Shakers. But let me tell you- the sky is the limit and you can add them to your modeling pastes, color with them chipboards or clay, just use the imagination!
For this project, I worked primarily with three shades of colors: greens, blues and yellows. There are so many shades, but I wanted to keep it simple so you’ll see the nuances of color and texture clearly enough to understand the difference if it comes to the techniques you will use.
- Adding the Magicals and Shakers to the mixed media paper ( different techniques used);
- Cutting the paper into ATC sized cards glued to the black background cards
- Stamping botanical motives and adding small embellishments
- Adding die cuts and paper sentiments
Here is the finished project, but below you’ll find also a link to my video- with, I hope more clear explanation.
Link to the video:
Lindy’s Gang Products
- MAGICALS: Lucky Shamrock Green, Ponderosa Pines Olive, C’est la Vie Cerise, Luscious Lime, Sea Mint Green, Azure Sea Aster, Hydrangea Blue, Bonjour Butter, Luminous Lemon
- MAGICAL SHAKERS: Lederhosen Laurel, Guten Tag Teal, Frozen Jack Frost
Tacky glue, Archival Ink by Ranger, Nuevo Crystal Drops- black, Glossy Accents by Ranger, Kesi’Art stamp, Artemio stamp, Rubber Dance stamp, Craft Sensation stamp, Aladine stamp
I wish you all a beautiful, sunny and happy summer! See you next month!