Anat here and for today’s post I’m going to show you how to make a brick background suitable for all sorts of projects. Using the same basic technique you can change up the colors you use to make this idea suitable for many different looks – dark greys for industrial, browns and copper or brass for steampunk or try a pretty pink for a more romantic look.
- Prime the MDF heart with White gesso
- For the background color, mix in White gesso: Pretty in Pink Pink, Cowabunga Copper and Bodacious Blush Lindy’s Magicals
- Add color to the paper die-cut: Bodacious Blush, Cotton Candy Pink and Black Orchid Silver Lindy’s sprays
- Adhere bricks paper die-cuts for the background
- Color it with Lindy’s: Cowabunga Copper magical, Aged Copper shaker and Black Orchid Silver Spray
- Then, emboss the chipboard embellishments with Lindy’s Gilded Burgundy Brass EP
- Add Raspberry Lemonade Lindy’s EP to the chipboard
- Now that background and chipboards are ready it’s time to assemble everything
- Enjoy the process!!
Watch the full process video here:
And now for a few close-ups so you can see all the details
- Magicals: Pretty in Pink Pink, Cowabunga Copper, Bodacious Blush,
- Starburst Sprays: Bodacious Blush, Cotton Candy Pink, Black Orchid Silver
- Shaker: Aged Copper
- Embossing powder: Gilded Burgundy Brass, Raspberry Lemonade
- White Heavy Gesso, Dusty Attic’s Chipboards, Ciao Bella images, Art Stones, Fantasy die
Thanks for stopping by!