Hello everyone, today I have a really amazing technique using Lindy’s Magicals and Shakers. An easy yet effective way where, with one application you’ll get different effects on the paper. The secret is in the way you apply water and in the distance of the application. To show you exactly how this technique works, I made a simple page with two blue colors, and I hope you’ll try this way of paint application at home as it looks even better in real life than in the photos.
- Rub the powder from Magicals or Shaker (or both) onto the page, I used my hands to do so, you can use makeup sponge as well
- Spray a part of the page with water, the best way to do this is to use Mini Mister or any tiny sprayer bottle, for a more accurate and controlled spray. While spraying, leave some parts without water, proceeding for example from top to bottom, leaving top a little dry and the bottom very wet, does that make sense? If not, please watch the movie. Depending on the amount of water you spray onto the Magicals and how close you are while spraying you get either a fine spotty effect or a more watery look.
- Let it dry and add the rest of embellishments
Link to my video:
- Magicals: Azure Sea Aster, Blazing Black
- Shakers: Bavarian Blue
- Starburst: Frozen Jack Frost
- Flat Fabio: Blazing Black
- Ranger- Jet Black Archival Ink, Florilèges Design stamp- Petits Gribouillis, Tim Holtz- Mini Mister, Artoz- die cuts, Ranger- Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz- Small Talk.
Thank you for stopping by and have a happy Summer!