Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be here with another great project as a Lindy’s Ambassador.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make a Mixed Media Art Journal “Heat”. I’ve colored this project with Magicals from Lindy’s using colors Prima Donna Purple, Hi Maintenance Magenta, Bling-y Blonde, Freaky Franken-lime and Magicals Shakers Bratwurst Brown and Embossing powder to add color to my Art Journal. You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or theme.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make a page just like this for yourself.
1. Scatter Magical powders on a sheet of paper and spritz it with water to activate the powders
2. Stamp flowers on a clean sheet of paper and cover with black embossing powder.
3. Mixed shaker Bratwurst Brown with white gesso and apply paste through the face stencil to create the base face shape
4. Stamp with matching face stamp and flowers and covered with black embossing powder
5. Painted lips and glasses with Magicals and draw on hair
6. Paste the flowers onto the page and paint with Magicals
7. Spatter page with white and black gesso.
8. Add feathering around the perimeter of the sheet
9. Use white pen to highlight the hair
10. And the page is all done
- Magicals: Prima Donna Purple, Hi Maintenance Magenta, Bling-y Blonde, Freaky Franken-lime
- Magical shakers: Bratwurst Brown.
- Embossing powder: Black Forest Black.
- Paper, stamp with matching face stencil, Black and White Gesso, flower stamps, white pen.
I hope you have enjoyed this Art Journal idea.