Hi friends! Julia Kissel with you on the Lindy’s blog and I have a very special project to share with you all today. I made a vintage canvas for my parents… Soon they will celebrate 50th jubilee of joint life! On the old vintage photo, they are in their younger years.
Link to my video step-by-step
- Use canvas or cardboard of at least 2mm thickness.
- Glue on pieces of fabric, moulds, chipboards and cover white gesso.
- Glue on small stones. I found them on a beach.
- Use Steel Shimmer Glitz Spritz, Buccaneer Bronze Vintage Spray and Bayou Boogie Gold Shimmer Spray to addcolor and create the look for the background.
- Complete the composition using pieces of paper and embellishments.
- Add shadows and depth to the piece using Banff Blue and Maple Syrup Bronze Squirts.
- As the final touch, add tones and highlights using Distress Inks and Finnabair wax.
Some close ups:
- Squirts: Banff Blue and Maple Syrup Bronze
- Starburst spray: Bayou Boogie Gold
- Moon Shadow Mist spray: Buccaneer Bronze
- Glitz Spritz spray: Steel Shimmer