This is Maria Lillepruun with you today on the Lindy’s Blog with two quick new tutorials for autumn cards. I was very much inspired by our October Color Challenge, so all of my cards will be based on the color scheme we have prepared for you for this month.
The first pair of autumn cards are light mixed media version where I only use Lindy´s Gang embossing powders to add a little bit of color to the chipboard and background. Here´s the video to show you how:
- First, apply 3D Gloss Gel (transparent texture paste) through a stencil onto the card, creating an ornamental background for future greeting cards.
- Sprinkle 3 different embossing powders on top of the fresh gloss gel Hibiscus Rose Orange, Caesar´s Gold, Terra Cotta Rust and use a heat tool to bake them.
- Then, cover the chipboard with the same embossing powders and combine all chosen decorations all together on the cards.
- As a final touch, add some microbeads with glitter, attaching them with the same gloss gel. Minimum mixed media really!
The design of the second pair of cards is based on the same color scheme, but they are totally different! I used our wonderful sprays to add a splash of pink to the backgrounds.
- Spray Flat Fabios Pink Ladies Pink and Orange Creamsicle onto pre-cut watercolor paper. On the other pieces of paper spray the same inks through a beautiful stencil.
- Next, stick the dyed and dried backgrounds together, creating layers. This adds volume to the cards.
- In addition to all the other decorations, I decided to add dyed chipboard to my cards. I sprayed my chipboard with Starburst spray Yellow Rose of Texas, turning them very easily into little cheerful beauties. Super easy and quick way to color your chippies! I also colored the title chipboard with Pro Marker, in order to avoid the liquid, because it was just too thin and fragile.
- When all the decorations were ready, I glued them all on to the cards using hot melt glue.
- Embossing Powders: Hibiscus Rose Orange, Caesar´s Gold, Terra Cotta Rust
- Starburst Spray: Yellow Rose of Texas
- Flat Fabio Sprays: Pink Ladies Pink, Orange Creamsicle
- White cardstock, 3D Gloss Gel (Prima Marketing Inc), stencils (AB Studio), chipboards (Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, Scrapniec), Pro Marker, die cuts (Tim Holtz), handmade flowers by Irina Jelagina, other artificial flowers and leaves, ribbons, rhinestones, beads, microbeads, glitter.
Thank you for your attention!