It’s Anat here and for today’s blog post, I’m sharing a new Video Tutorial showing how to create a Canvas Background, and alter Metal elements with different effects, using Lindy’s Squirts, Shakers, Sprays and Embossing Powder.
- First, add texture paste to the canvas with a stencil
- When dry cover with white heavy gesso
- Add white Crackle Paste and wait for the crackling to happen
- When the crackle is dry, add color starting with the lightest color Bling-y Blonde Spray, then add Emerald Eh? Squirt, continue with Loonie Toonie Teal Squirt and at last add the stunning Hockey Puck Black squirt
- Color, an already stamped, watercolor paper with Whale Watch Blue magical and assemble
- Color mold prints with Bling-y Blonde Spray and the others with Whale Watch Blue Spray, add metallic waxes to highlight details
- Cover chipboard elements with Embossing Powders: on background pieces use Queen Sheba’s Silver, on swirls use Scotch Broom Yellow and on the clock swirl Guten tag teal.
- Assemble everything on the canvas
- Add a bit of Steampunk Sepia Spray diluted in water to the canvas
- Add stamping with Black Archival Ink
- Add metal elements to the composition and some extra clay embellishments and color them with a mixture of 3D Gloss gel and Guten Tag Teal Shaker. You will notice a different effect on each kind of embellishments. Then add waxes to highlight the raised areas.
- Add some more beauty with Glass Glitter and Micro Beads
- Give it a try and have fun:)
Have a look at the Hockey Puck Black squirt effect, it is so fabolous!
Watch the process here:
And here are more photos and close-ups
- Squirts: Emerald Eh? , Loonie Toonie Teal, Hockey Puck Black
- Starburst Sprays: Bling-y Blonde , Whale Watch Blue , Steampunk Sepia ,
- Embossing Powders: Scotch Broom Yellow, Queen Sheba’s Silver, Guten tag teal
- Magical: Whale Watch Blue
- Shaker: Guten Tag Teal
- Finnabair-Prima Plaster Paste, Prima Stencil, Finnabair-Prima White Crackle paste, Prima Moulds, Finnabair-Prima Sterling Glass Glitter, Finnabair-Prima Microbeads, Finnabair-Prima 3D Gloss gel, Prima-Finnabair Soft Gloss Gel, Finnabair-Prima waxes, watercolor paper, Tim Holtz Stamps, Prima-Finnabair Old City Stamps, Archival Ink- Jet Black, metal elements, chipboards
Thanks for stopping by!