Hello, dear Lindy’s Gang friends!
Today I would like to show you how I created my autumn ATC using our fantastic Lindy´s Gang paints. Here is my set of ATC’s, depicting the chilly months of September, October and November. I used just a few mixed media products, but I hope you will find my techniques and tips interesting, whether you are a beginner or an advanced artist.
So here is the video. Enjoy!
Let´s see what I did.
- I glued the thin pre-primed canvas onto cardstock (this step was left out of the video, sorry) to create the bases for my ATC’s
- Then, I opened a jar of 3D glittery texture gel. It is originally golden and very shiny. But do you know what is really cool with it? You can mix it easily with any dry paint of Lindy´s (I used the Magical “Sea Mint Green” from the Mermaid Seashells set) and get an amazingly colorful and sparkly texture paste! I applied this paste to the surfaces through a stencil.
- Later on, when the bases were dry, I glued on some cotton ribbons and colored them a bit with Cattail Copper Brown Starburst spray.
- After this, all the possible decorations were glued onto the cards. I used a mixture of autumnal embellishments: die cuts, wooden, metallic and plastic leaves, wooden buttons and twine, metallic numbers 9, 10 and 11 refer to the Autumn months´ numbers.
- To add some extra sunshine, I poured a tiny bit of Poutine Gold squirt color to the flat backs of the glass cabochons, and then glued them onto my ATC.
- A little bit of glitter is always good, right? I did not want it to outshine the whole composition, so I colored the glitter slightly with the same Cattail Copper Brown spray to make it look milder.
- In the very end, I sprinkled the cards with liquid white gesso. The Autumn in Estonia is always pretty cold, so a little bit of snow over leaves on the trees is a regular picture here 🙂
Let´s take a closer look at all the cards.
- Magical: Sea Mint Green (Mermaid Seashells set)
- Starburst spray: Cattail Copper Brown
- Squirt: Poutine Gold
- Cardstock, pre-primed canvas, White gesso (Sonnet), stencil (AB Studio), 3D Gel with golden glitter (Fabrika Decoru), 3D Gloss Gel and other glitters (Prima Marketing Inc), die cuts (ScrapEgo).