Hi dear Lindy’s gang friends. It’s Aleksandra today with you again here on the Lindy’s blog. A few days ago I received this gorgeous collection of Graphic 45 papers and right away I knew what I wanted to do with them, so today I’m presenting you my dreamy project with them on few different wooden bases. I hope you will like it.
It was quite a lot of work with this project since I had to alter and color three different wooden bases with three different colors and then put all of them together and embellish them. But I think it was totally worth the time as I love the outcome.
- I first covered the circle wooden ring with black gesso, dry-brushed a bit of white gesso on top and then started coloring it using a few different Lindy’s gang sprays – Tainted Love Teal, Danny Zuko’s Denim and Afternoon Delight Denim. Since the Teal color appeared to strong for what I wanted to achieve, I decided to tone it down a bit by adding two layers of Lindy’s Starburst Squirts Banff Blue.
- After my wooden ring was dry I traced the outside line of it on a blue paper, cut out the circle and attached it to the back of the ring.
- Then I went to color my cloud. I applied two coats of white gesso and after it was dry I added some Finnabair Light paste to create a cloudy texture. I sprayed it with Frozen Jack Frost Starburst spray and a bit of a Blazing sun Glitz Spritz and added a bit of a Magic Moon Pearls embossing powder on top.
- I melted it and after that added some Finnabair Snowflake paste on top, some Unicorn paste and some pearl Glass glitter.
- Next, I went to color my moon. I first applied a coat of yellow Impasto paint instead of gesso. On top I added a bit of a Gold crackle texture paste and after it was dry I applied Lindy’s in two different shades – Summer Lovin Sun Flat Fabio and Marigold Yellow Orange Starburst spray.
- I attached all three wooden bases together and embellish them with different metal embellishments, resin embellishments and paper flowers.
- I added some dry-brushing with white gesso on top and some white splashes with diluted white acrylic color for finishing touch.
Here are some close-up photos, so you can see the details of my project:
- Starburst sprays: Tainted Love Teal, Danny Zuko’s Denim, Afternoon Delight Denim, Frozen Jack Frost, Marigold Yellow Orange
- Flat Fabio sprays: Summer Lovin sun
- Glitz Spritz sprays: Blazing sun
- Embossing powders: Magic Moon Pearls
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your autumn days and see you again soon!