Hello Lindy”s lovers!
Today Daria here on the Lindy’s blog and I would like to show you how I created the background for my gorgeous purple cards and add a little decor to them. I was very inspired by the palette consisting of gray and lilac shades, so I will show you how to combine these two shades to make a stunning background with Lindy’s.
- I started by preparing 4 bases for the watercolor cards by covering them with clear gesso.
- Then I mixed sand effect paste with the Magical powder Tea Pot Purple and put the paste through a stencil.
- While my bases with paste were drying, I started preparing the embellishments. I painted chipboard pieces with Lindy’s sprays and covered some pieces with embossing powder.
- Next, I returned to the background, first I painted it in gray shades – Silent Night Silver and Midnight Rendezvous Raven. Then thoroughly dried the gray shades and only after that, applied Pop Rock Purple Flat Spray.
- Add some stamped images using archival ink and then coat in an adhesive layer of soft matte gel then sprinkle with white gesso.
- The background is ready! Next, I glued on the decor.
Here are a few close up photos so you can see the details:
- Magical: Tea Pot Purple, Silent Night Silver.
- Starburst: Midnight Rendezvous Raven, Whale Watch Blue, French Lilac Violet, Gag Me With A Spoon Gray .
- Flat Fabio: Pop Rock Purple.
- EP: Pop Rock Purple, Imperial Crown Purple Gold, Silver Moon Mistletoe, Silver Moon Sapphire.
- Aturi white gesso, Finnabair Texture paste white, clear gesso sand and soft matte gel, chipboards MiaScrap, PastelFlowers.
I hope you enjoyed it and were able to find here something useful for yourself! Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting, Daria.