Anat here! Holidays season is almost here and we all want to decorate and embellish our homes, right?! So today I will show you, step by step, how to alter a wooden Welcome sign with amazing products from Lindy’s. I made it colorful and snowy, watch the video tutorial to see how I created the snow look, using only Lindy’s Embossing powder.
- I started by adhering pieces of joint tape, it adds such a gorgeous texture!
- Then I primed the sign with White Heavy Gesso.
- Next, I added, here and there, white crackle paste.
- After drying and cracking I’ve added some stamping with Versa Mark ink and Queen Sheba’s Silver Embossing Powder
- Now to the fun part – adding color – I added 3 sprays: Marigold Yellow Orange, Open Arms Amethyst and Oh Canada Crimson Squirt
- While the sign is drying I treated some beautiful chipboards with paints I made of white heavy gesso and Magical shakers: Cuckoo Clock Cardinal, Cowabunga Copper, Grab a Guy Gold, Time Travel Teal and Guten Tag Teal
- Next, I added to the chipboards some color with Embossing powders: Oktoberfest Orange, Tilt-a-Wheel Teal, King Midas Gold, Holly Hock Scarlet Plum
- To make the Sign more interesting I added a layer of dry brush with the paint I made of gesso and Time Travel Teal + Guten Tag Teal
- I glued all chipboards on my piece and added the snowy look using Purley white Embossing powder
- I made my own embellishments with art pebbles: covered them with clear gesso and brushed them with Time Travel Teal and Grab a Guy Gold
Watch the video to see the entire process:
- Magical Shakers: Cuckoo Clock Cardinal , Cowabunga Copper, Grab a Guy Gold, Time Travel Teal and Guten Tag Teal
- Starburst Sprays: Marigold Yellow Orange, Open Arms Amethyst and Oh Canada Crimson Squirt
- EP: Queen Sheba’s Silver, Okktoberfest Orange, Tilt-a-Wheel Teal, King Midas Gold, Holly Hock Scarlet Plum, Purley white
- Scrapiniec Chipboards – Winter and Christmas Collections, Prima-Finnabair Heavy white gesso, Prima-Finnabair Crackle paste white, Prima-Finnabair clear gesso
I hope you enjoyed it and feel inspired to make one for your home!
Thank you for stopping by!