Hello Lindy’s fans!
Nuneka here with a beautiful and super easy art journal page today. I took my very favorite Lindy’s Magicals, it’s a combo that I really adore and that I think works together pretty well, and I started playing around… and that’s how the idea came. As you know Magicals have something very special, that surprising reaction when you spray water on them and every single particle reacts individually, you never know how it’s going to look in the end… and that’s what this page is about.
Art Journal process
- This time I used a canvas page because I love the texture, but I decided to cover it with clear gesso anyway.
- I started the background with some stamping in black ink.
- I added more texture to the page with a stencil and texture paste. I dried really well before going to the next step.
- I chose my favorite Lindy’s Magical combo for this project: Sea Grass Green, Opal Sea Oats, Tainted Love Teal, Sweet Violet Purple Teal. They are four gorgeous colors that work together amazingly well but in order to get some balance, you cannot add too much of them all. So I picked Sea Grass Green to be the dominant color: I sprinkled it here and there and sprayed water to make the pigments react; then I added a tiny amount of the other colors and used a paintbrush with a little water, but I didn’t blend the colors too much. Then I dried well.
- I covered some chipboard with ivory acrylic paint, dried really well and added color with Violaceous Violet Moon Shadow Mist Spray. With this spray I got the perfect vintage look I was looking for. I inked the edges of the chipboards with a brown ink pad.
- I built the composition around the photo with the chipboard cogs, a couple of steps and butterflies, and some black thread.
- I made some splatters with black gesso.
- For the final touch, I glued some glass glitter, beads and copper glitter.
- I also added a sentiment that perfectly matches with the magic of Magicals, because you never know what’s behind that door!
You can watch the full tutorial on Lindy’s YouTube channel:
- Magicals: Sea Grass Green, Opal Sea Oats, Tainted Love Teal, and Sweet Violet Purple Teal
- Moon Shadow Mist: Violaceous Violet
- Canvas pad, clear gesso, black and brown ink pad, texture paste, chipboards, glue, glitter
One thought on “Art Journal with Magicals by Nuneka”
I love this page and soooo happy to see this demo with magicals . I have some and needed a few ideas ! Thanks for the inspiration !