Hi dear Lindy’s friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with my new wintery project and video tutorial.
I’ve altered a wooden slice using Lindy’s sprays, magicals and embossing powders to create a home decor piece as a gift for my friends. I’m hoping my winter bird will bring you a feeling of snowy and frosty days outside.
- Prime the surface of the wooden slice with waterbased white glue to protect it, after fully drying – with white gesso.
- Prime clay elements, metallic elements and all the chipboard with white gesso.
- Apply the first layer of colors on the wooden slice with sprays, using a fan brush. I’ve used Whale Watch Blue, Black Orchid Silver, I’m late, I’m late slate, Tweedle Dee Denim.
- Add Sidewalk Chalk spray to create a snowy effect using a fan brush.
- When dry, mix an opaque texture paste with magicals, Frolic in the Forest Green and Whale Watch Blue, so you’ll get 2 kinds of mixture.
- Apply those colored pastes through the stencil, mixing them with each other. Use colored pastes for the middle and lower parts, non-colored opaque paste – for the upper one.
- Let it dry completely and apply the second layer of colors with Whale Watch Blue, Black Orchid Silver, I’m late, I’m late slate, Tweedle Dee Denim sprays using a fan brush. Let the sprays mix with each other.
- After drying stamp the surface with dots stamp and sprinkle over with Purely White embossing powder. Heat it with a heating gun.
- Then stamp the surface to add more interest with dark blue water-resistant ink.
- Color a sheet of watercolor paper with Whale Watch Blue, Black Orchid Silver, I’m late, I’m late slate, Tweedle Dee Denim and Green with Envy Green just spraying them from the bottles.
- Add splatters of Sidewalk Chalk spray to create a snowy effect.
- Let it dry completely and cut out pine branches using die cuts.
- Embossed them partially using Purely White, Tannenbaum Green Gold, Silver Moon Sapphire, Twilight Blue Slate EPs.
- Cover the chipboard and metallic elements with EPs, applying them layer by layer.
- Sprinkle over the edges of the chipboard elements with Purely White embossing powder and heat it with a heating gun. You’ll receive beautiful snowy branches.
- Build up the composition and glue on all the embellishments.
- Add some mini prills and glass glitter using soft gloss gel.
- Sprinkle here and there with white glitter.
- To finish, add splashes of Whale Watch Blue and Sidewalk Chalk sprays using a fun brush.
Here is my process video so you can watch:
And some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Starburst: Whale Watch Blue, Black Orchid Silver, Green with Envy Green
- Flat Fabio: I’m late, I’m late slate, Tweedle Dee Denim, Sidewalk Chalk
- EPs: Purely White, Tannenbaum Green Gold, Silver Moon Sapphire, Twilight Blue Slate
- Magicals: Whale Watch Blue, Frolic in the Forest Green
- Ranger Opaque Texture Paste, Pastel flowers, Scrapiniec chipboard, Liquitex White Gesso, Mini Prills, Finnabair Soft Gloss Gel, Finnabair Glass Glitter, Ciao Bella paper, Stazon inks, lace.
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
Thank you for stopping by!