2020!! Yes it’s Cindy here and back with you Lindy’s fans for another year as Educator. Isn’t that awesome, just can’t create without my Lindy’s! So for the first post of the year, I created a canvas using the color challenge as my inspiration. We all lose our Mojo sometimes and I know I’m dealing with a huge challenge to get those creative juices flowing again. But I know some inspirational colors always help to shine some light on my creative path again and I love to show you Lindy’s fans how I created this winter-themed canvas. So sit back, grab yourself a cup of Latte (or Tea…or Tea Latte….lol) and enjoy watching the video and some close-ups!
- Add a layer of black gesso on to a canvas
- Add some black modeling paste using a stencil
- Before the paste dries add a nice color of embossing powder (I’ve used Midnight Emerald and Angel Wings Ruby)
- If you use two colors you can create some stunning effects!
- Create extra texture using ripped cheesecloth and Sculpture Medium
- Create pretty embellishments, using chipboard and the same colors embossing powders with an extra layer of chunky enamel to give it an extra glossy look (almost icey!)
- Paint the cloth on the canvas black and add some white gesso with a sponge (or dry brush)
- Add color using Magicals or Inks (I’ve used a mixture of magical powder, Squirts and Sprays)
- Adhere all the elements on to the canvas using a gel medium; I’ve used a photo that matched the color challenge to make it easier to create a cool color combo)
- Use things like metal, resin and flowers to make it look extra interesting
- Add extra’s like Nuvo Drops, Finnabair paint and Unicorn Paste for a frosty winter look
- I’ve used three stickers by Tim Holtz as captions for the canvas, just perfect for the cute girl and the wolf!
I have some more close-ups for you and of course a video!
Watch the video below or visit our Lindy’s Gang YouTube channel.
- Sprays – Poinsettia Red Gold / Frolic in the Forest Black
- Squirts – Hockey Puck Black
- Magicals – Peony Scarlet Red / Whale Watch Blue / Screamin’ Banshee Black
- Black Gesso, White Gesso, Black Modelling Paste, 13@rts Stencil, Versamark Ink, Gel Medium, Metallique paint and wax, Cheese Cloth, Nuvo Drops, Finnabair Unicorn Paste, Chipboard, Resin, Glitter and Mica Flakes
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
One thought on “Color Challenge Inspiration with Cindy”
That is beautiful! I love the colors and elements! Nice!